RMA WA Awards
The big event on the RMA WA calendar is the annual RMA Awards. The awards are usually spread over eight categories and culminate in the annual award night in Perth.
Note: you cannot submit the same story across multiple categories.
Annual gala award night
The rural media’s night of nights! Always a cracking time. Just $50 for members and $65 for non-members, including drinks and food!
Award entrants strongly encouraged to attend.
Date: 17 November, 2017
Venue: Oxford Hotel, Leederville (upstairs)
Cost: $50 (members), $65 (non-members)
Includes drinks and lots of good finger food!
Excellence in rural media
Best news coverage – print
Best news coverage – broadcast
Best regional news coverage outside of agriculture
Best communications campaign
Best new entrant
Student award (new category)
Membership is $50 per year (less than a dollar a week!) Note: You need to be a member to be eligible for the awards. Join now!
Entrants must meet the following rules to be deemed eligible for award categories:
• Must be an individual or corporate member of RMA WA.
• Non-members must become a financial member of RMA WA to be eligible to enter the awards.*
• Only three entries may be submitted per person, per category
• Entry submissions must have been published/aired between September 15, 2016 and 25 October 2017.
• Award entries close 25 October 2017.
• Entry submissions must be made electronically via email and must be accompanied by an appropriate completed entry form.
• Files included in entry submissions should clearly contain the date and title of the work, author/producer’s name and media bureau produced for.